Online Bill Pay
Online Bill Pay lets you pay your bills online through HVB. You can pay virtually anyone in the United States that you would normally pay by check or automatic debit, even if you do not receive bills from the company or person you want to pay. All you need to get started with Online Bill Pay is your HVB checking account.
To access Online Bill Pay, you will need to log on to online banking, select your bill pay account and click on the Online Bill Pay button. With Online Bill Pay, you can:
- Pay anyone, anytime, from anywhere.
- Receive, view and pay e-bills at this one site.
- Set up reminders to help you track when bills are due. Even receive reminders by email.
- Schedule payments to multiple payees from one screen.
- Schedule single or recurring payments up to one year in advance.
- Schedule automatic payments.
- Review pending payments and payment history, and track status of each payment.
- Modify or cancel payments.
- Download transaction data into your Personal Financial Management software.
To see how HVB Online Bill Pay works, Watch Our Bill Pay Video.
How does Online Bill Pay work?
To pay your bills online, simply add the companies and people you want to pay. We use this information to make the payments for your bills. After you add your bills, you can go to the Payment Center. The Pay Bills section lists all of the bills you've added in Online Bill Pay. To pay a bill, you must enter a payment amount and the date when you want the company or person to receive your payment. You can also select this date from the calendar.
|Tip: When you enter an amount, Online Bill Pay automatically displays the earliest date you can select for the company or person to receive the payment in the Pay Date box. You can either accept this date or change it to a later one.
How secure is my bill payment and personal information?
Online Bill Pay uses several methods to ensure that your information is secure.
- User Name and Password
- Automatic Sign Out. Automatically signs you out of a session if you are inactive for a predefined time (usually 10 minutes).
Which bills can't I pay with Online Bill Pay?
You cannot use Online Bill Pay to pay any company or person with an address outside the United States or its territories.
Do I need to contact the companies or people that I pay if I choose to pay my bills with Online Bill Pay?
No. We make the payment based on the information you provided when you added your bill. If we have already established a relationship with a company or person you want to pay, we may send the payment electronically or to a location specified by the biller. Otherwise, we print and mail a check to the address you provided. If you enter your account information, we send it with your payment so that the company can credit your account properly.
How can I keep track of my bills in Online Bill Pay?
Online Bill Pay provides the following features for keeping track of your bills, and most of the features are available on the Payment Center:
- Bills List. The Pay Bills section lists all of the bills you've added in Online Bill Pay.
- Bill Reminders. You can set up reminders for your bills and have the reminder appear below the bill in the Pay Bills section for a certain number of days before the bill's due date. If you're receiving an electronic version of your bill, the reminder appears as soon as we receive the bill from your biller.
- E-mail Reminders. You can also receive e-mail reminders for your bills when the following events occur:
- The bill is due.
- The bill is past due.
- The payment has been sent and the money has been withdrawn from your account.
- The message contains information that is specific to a particular bill.
- Pending Payments. Provides a summary of the payments that have not been processed.
- Recent Payments. Lists the bills that have been paid in the past 45 days.
- Bill History. Shows all of the bills you paid, including electronic bills and bills that you pay automatically. It also shows any unpaid electronic bills.
Zelle® is a fast, safe and easy way to send money directly between almost any bank accounts in the U.S., typically within minutes.3 With just an email address or U.S. mobile phone number, you can send money to people you trust, regardless of where they bank.2
Click here to learn more about Zelle®!
2 Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle®.
3 Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle®.